We all know what the "halfway" point of any pregnancy means - WE GET TO FIND OUT THE GENDER! Yesterday Thomas and I practically ran to the hospital to see the ultrasound and find out the gender of our baby. I think I was running because this appointment was better than Christmas morning for me - the surprise of all surprises! The gender of our baby, it doesn't get better folks! However I think Thomas was running to the hospital in a mix of anxiety and excitement. He loves our little baby so much, and after each appointment he sighs a huge relief knowing everything is well and normal (only to have the anxiety start building up again for the next appointment).
It was a miracle to see all the organs and tissues of our baby already functioning. I am so honored to have the opportunity to grow a little human inside of me. The Ultrasound Tech. walked us through the check-up showing us a little heart, little stomach, two kidneys, the skeletal structure - it was all so breathtaking.
Many people refer to the beauty of the earth (myself included) as evidence that God really exists. However, it wasn't until my pregnancy that I realized that the formation and development of a child is even greater evidence of our loving Heavenly Father. Human life would not be possible without Him. I am so grateful to Him for preparing this perfect little body for our little Angel, and I am grateful for the gift that Thomas and I have been given to eventually raise this child.
Needless to say, this last ultrasound was amazing. One of the last things the Ultrasound Tech. checked for was the GENDER! And despite how much I loved seeing all that I mentioned above, a little part of me was just DYING to get to the gender.
So without further ado - Thomas and I are going to be proud parents of a
BABY GIRL!!
And I know it is not as exciting for you to see as it was for us - but I just had to share my favorite 2 ultrasound pictures:
![]() |
| Little Foot! This might be my favorite part - there is something just so cute about little feetsies! |
![]() |
| Love me some "clay" baby! :) |


No comments:
Post a Comment