Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dreams

Tom and I have created this blog to let you know about all of our adventures.  We have quite the list of dreams (this is a literal list)!  Some of the things on the list are silly, other dreams are more... ambitious!  The title of this blog comes from a favorite childhood book of mine, Ship of Dreams.  My dad read this book to me many a scary night.  Both of my parents taught me how to dream both literally, through trying to get a scared girl to sleep, and figuratively.  I will forever be grateful for my parents for teaching me to be the person that I am today.  I am especially mindful of my mom today, as are we all.  I am so grateful for the friend she has always been.  She is the world's best listener and I know that she cares about me, worries for me and feels my pains just as much, or even more, than I do.  I hope that I can be the mother to my future children that she has been to me.  Thank you Mom, and Happy Mother's day!

Here are some of our dreams:
Picnic
Salmon Run
Old people spheel
Frightmares
Chalking
Snowshoeing
Rain Gutter Championship
Make gack
Make Play-Doh
Cookie Sheet Sledding
Weeping Mary under full moon
Ice Blocking
Throw Watermelon off building
Goofy-style bowling
Croquet Tourney 
Outdoor Iceskating
Fishing on Free Fishing day
Skiing at Beaver Mtn.
Hardware Ranch 
Corn Maze
Haunted House/Forrest
Scarlett Pimpernell
Finger painting
Temple Sawmill Hike
Ice Fishing
Hot Springs
Flooming
Mail a fruit
Horseback riding
Ice climbing
Camping
Get Engaged
Get Married :)
Make canvas paintings
Make carmel apples
Make an Igloo
Make and sleep in an ice-cave
Temple square extravaganza
Tye Dye shirts
Spelunking Timp. Caves
Canoeing
Kayaking
Skydiving
Buy a dog
Hand-milk a cow
Chilean hotdogs
Ride a tractor (green?)
5 story card castle
1000 + piece puzzle
Ginger bread house
Provo Temple baptisms
Fly a kite
Visit Jerusalem
Explore the world!

As you can see we still have lots of dreams to cross off!  As we finish dreams of ours, we will let you all know about it! 
The Redd Rocket was Joey's wagon.  He'd been riding it all afternoon.  Around the backyard, up the driveway, and through the garden they'd gone, with adventure at every turn.

5 comments:

  1. I love it Megan & Thomas! I can't believe how many of those things you've already crossed off. And I will look forward to many new things added to your list as forever goes on. Love you so much and am always happy to ready your adventures! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely a blog I will follow. Getting a dog is still on the list? I thought a weekend with Chi Chi changed that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom says its not on the list! But I want a dog, just one that isn't scared of me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan! Just trying out this blogging stuff and posting info. Sure is great to have you and Tom here for the 4th!

    ReplyDelete